Bus Driver (Sun Shuttle-Tucson) (full-time & part-time)
Bus Driver (Sun Shuttle-Tucson)
We will train!!
Location: Tucson, Arizona
Total Transit is a diversified people transportation services provider. We meet the needs of individuals, organizations, and government in our community to get them where they are going safety, on-time, and with a great experience.
We are currently seeking safety and passenger service oriented Transit Bus Driver Operators to join our Tucson Transit Team that is providing Dial-A-Ride and Fixed Route services to the local community through the PAG RTA Sun Shuttle.
Full and Part-Time positions available!!
We’re a team of dedicated professionals who love what we do, and provide superior value and the highest level of transportation management and services to our clients and passengers.
ESSENTIAL Duties and Responsibilities:
Duties to include, but not limited to:
- Safely operate a bus and provide excellent customer service to passengers
- Perform pre and post trip vehicle inspections
- Follow routes and ensure on time performance
- Adhere to traffic regulations
- Collect fares and issue transfers
- Able to provide verbal information to the public regarding routes, schedules and transfer points
- Respond to operational issues
- Maintain a clean bus as needed and daily
- Positively contribute to our great place to work environment and continuous improvement culture
- Perform related duties as needed and/or assigned
- Minimum 23 years old
- Minimum High School diploma or GED
- Current DOT Physical
- Reliable transportation to/from work
- Ability to read, speak and write in English (Spanish speaking a plus)
- Knowledge of major streets, public places and landmarks within local geographic service area
- Physical strength to assist disabled persons in boarding and disembarking
- Must be able to lift at least 50 pounds
- Excellent customer service skills
- Will train, depending on experience
Are you a CDL Truck Driver with a customer service mindset and/or have other related experience but don't have all of the qualifications?.... apply and ask about our Bus Driver Training programs!!!
- Company-subsidized health plan, choose from 3 plans including one with company funded Health Savings Account for full-time (30 or more hours/week schedule)
- Voluntary (employee paid) dental, vision, lift, Short-term/long-term disability, pet insurance and other optional insurance
- Wage increase following training
- Annual wage increases each year of continuous tenure/length of service
- Paid time Off (PTO)
- Employer provided uniforms
- Great work environment and a Team Member support oriented leadership team
- Employee Wellness Program, Family holiday & social events, employee of the month, and recognition programs
Total Transit, Inc. has an excellent culture that values employees’ contributions through recognition, training/development opportunities, employee/community events, and performance reviews with merit increase opportunities based on performance.
Come work in an environment with a great team and company. Apply online. You can also apply in person at: 829 W. Silverlake Rd., Tucson, AZ 85713.
For questions/more information: Call (520) 203-0998
City transit, school district bus driver, trolley, airport, charter and tour buses, such as First Transit, First Student, Transdev, All Aboard America, RTW Management, Arrow Stage Lines, Greyhound, Senior Living Transportation, among others are welcome to apply. We also welcome individuals with a trucking background.
Job Status: Full Time, Part Time