Payroll and Human Resources Administrator
This is a great opportunity for an early to mid-level Payroll professional with an interest in Human Resources Management to contribute and develop in both fields.
This position support a great place to work through accurate and timely payroll processing; administration of HR processes, programs, and systems; providing related analysis, reporting, and customer service; & performing special projects.
Demonstrates and promotes a culture that is in alignment with totalride’s Vision, Mission, and Values for a great place to work and consistently great internal/external client experience.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Gather, analyze and validate time sheet reporting for 200+ employees, including PTO requests
- Accurately prepare files within Paycom system
- Maintain employee files and PTO program
- Adhere to and process garnishment/lien requests
- Audit/review submission files to Paycom with Controller
- Create payroll package to record into general ledger
- Distribute payroll to employees and reporting to management
Human Resources Administration
- Administers a variety of HR related processes and programs
- Processes, audits, and corrects gaps in areas of responsibility related to applicants/staffing, hiring, onboarding, training, pay changes, transfers/promotions, leaves of absence, separations from employment, performance management tracking, etc. in alignment with applicable laws, regulations, and company policies/procedures/guidelines.
- Provides information, advice, technical assistance, support, and training to a variety of stakeholders related to areas of responsibility.
- Maintains, analyzes, and reports data/trends in areas of responsibility such as staffing reports/yield ratios, Affirmative Action Plans (AAPs), turnover/headcount reports, HR Scorecard, etc.
- Maintains, continuously improves, and provides training/support regarding the use of related systems for applicant tracking, Human Resources Information System, Learning Management System, Intranet sites, and others.
- Prepares documents and composes routine correspondence and reports for internal and external inquiries, such as Department of Economic Security (DES)/Unemployment requests, employment verifications, responses to other government inquiries.
- Develops and maintains procedures, training program content, job aids, etc. to support a variety of stakeholders in areas of responsibility
- Participates in development and recommendation of policy and procedural improvements and/or budget preparation.
- Coordinates employee, community involvement, and other activities as assigned
- Performs projects, coordinates events/activities, and other miscellaneous duties, as assigned.
Minimum Job Requirements:
- Bachelor’s Degree preferred
- 2+ years of payroll experience
- 1 year of Human Resources Administration and/or work experience that can be demonstrated to be applicable to the position
- Must be able to type and 10 key accurately and with a speed adequate to complete tasks timely
- Must have intermediate or above Microsoft Excel (pivot tables, v-lookup, and data manipulation
- SHRM-CP and/or PHR Certification preferred
- Experience with Payroll and HRIS systems required. Specific experience with PayCom a plus.
- Any acceptable equivalent combination of education, training, and experience
Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities Required:
- Adhere to and promote professional culture
- Effectively communicate within all levels of the organization
- Assist with process improvement
- Ability to maintain confidentiality
- Highly organized with excellent time management and multi-tasking abilities
- Driven for success, adheres to deadlines
- Professional attitude
- Ability to interpret and analyze informational needs and clearly provide advice and guidance
- Records management and tracking skills
- Excellent skills in the use of personal computers and related software applications (especially Microsoft Office), including database management and intermediate Microsoft Excel skills.
- Ability to maintain a high degree of accuracy and work quality standards
- Ability to gather data, compile information, and prepare reports
- Ability to create, compose, and edit written materials
- Ability to quickly learn processes and procedures
- Ability to learn and maintain updated knowledge of legal requirements and best practices related to Payroll and Human Resources Management
Job Status: Full Time